“There has been a huge technology shift in the past few years and mobile technologies in the hands of consumers and retail associates have been the driver.
Mobile devices are impacting retail in 5 key areas:
- Customer Identification: Identifying the customer and then delivering a personalized experience is identified as one of this year’s top priorities by 70% of retailers
- Customer Engagement: 31% of retailers plan to implement mobile tools for customer engagement within the next 12 months
- Associate Training and Task Management: 89% of retailers plan to offer mobile solutions to associates within three years
- Mobile POS: By 2020, 84% of retailers will utilize mobile POS in their stores
- Mobile Payment: Mobile payment acceptance is increasing rapidly with fewer retailers taking a wait and see approach
Mobile capabilities allow a retailer to break down the barrier between the online digital environment and the physical store enabling exceptional customer experience. Mobile is driving retailers to upgrade and replace technology to keep ahead of their competitors’ customer experience offerings and to try to keep up with their very informed and technology-savvy customers” (Naumann, David. “89% of Retailers Plan to Offer Mobile Solutions to Associates Within T.”PRWeb. PRWEB, 27 Apr. 2017. Web. 05 May 2017).